Join us for a fabulous weekend talking hoof! Explore hoof distortions and practice glue and composite shoe work!
Lodging available on site at the amazing Pacific Coast Horseshoeing School!
Lecture Day - Discussion of the Horse and the Foot
Thursday, June 1, 2017 - 9am-5pm
- Anatomy, Structure, and Function
- X-ray Comparisons: External and Internal Hoof Relationships
- Where’s P3 Activity: Test your skills on placing P3 inside the hoof capsule!
- Detailed Case Study Presentation: Photos, X-rays, and Videos
Cadaver Day - Recognizing Hoof Distortions
Friday, June 2, 2017 - 9am-5pm
- Evaluation of Cadaver Feet: Evaluation and discussion on reading the hoof capsule
- Hoof Mapping: Finding the external landmarks and compare to internal anatomy
- Hands-on trimming: apply the trim you want and get immediate feedback into the impact of your trim
Glue and Composite Shoe Day - Lecture and Demonstration
Saturday, June 3, 2017 - 9am-5pm
- Learn tips and tricks for working with glue and composite shoes of all kinds, hoof packing materials, antimicrobial treatments
- Details of foot prep for glue on shoe retention, tried and true methods in all environments: wet, dry, hot and cold
- Live horse demonstrations to learn details of horse handling and workspace management for glue applications
Glue and Composite Shoe Day - Hands-on for Participants
Sunday, June 4, 2017 - 9am-4pm
- Hands-on glue and composite shoe application on cadavers